[CentOS] How can a company help, officially?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 20:37:28 UTC 2011

On 4/11/2011 2:59 PM, Tru Huynh wrote:

>>> Make your own experiment (i.e rebuild your own clone) and document/report back
>>> what you find out as the proper order of rebuild of the upstream SRPMS ?
>>
>> So having everyone repeat the same mistakes with no coordination is your
>> idea of doing things faster?
> who is everyone?

I might throw some time and equipment at it if I knew I wasn't
re-inventing square wheels (or even round ones for that matter).  And I
suspect that others smarter than I am would do the same and maybe even
improve the approach by coming up with ways to predict the build
environment needed to reproduce a given binary to reduce the
trial-and-error time.  But I don't see this happening if the process
stays closed any more than I think there would be a useful Linux today -
or most of the packages comprising Red Hat's product - if development
had not been open and shared.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com