[CentOS] How can a company help, officially?

Mon Apr 11 23:46:37 UTC 2011

Les Mikesell wrote on 04/11/2011 06:58 PM:
> On 4/11/2011 5:32 PM, Ned Slider wrote:
>> It's laborious, it's repetitive, it's boring,
>> sometimes it's time-consuming but it's really NOT difficult.
>
> That depends on where and whether you can find the component(s) that
> were missing or the wrong version.  But, it seems that if you have an
> after-the-build test, there might be a way to predict what you need to
> pass that test ahead of time - or at least to run all of the possible
> combinations in parallel if you really have to do trial-and-error.

Sounds a bit too much like AI to me.

Johnny addressed finding the components earlier, and they may not be
discoverable.

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2011-April/109631.html

If you have a way to do those predictive tests, in serial or parallel,
I'm sure that would be a valuable contribution.  The possible
combinations quickly lead to a combinatorial explosion. Software
regression testing is a science in its own right.

I think the best a community project can do on testing such packages is
by flagging them for attention in a more open process with more testers.

Phil