[CentOS] How can a company help, officially?

Drew drew.kay at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 05:18:07 UTC 2011

> sadly, gmail/googlemail is very hostile to proper quoting practices.
> it hides quoted text, while leaving the whole previous message appended,
> without any form of > quoting.   The only workable way around this is to
> use a imap/pop client like Thunderbird with it, which then disables a
> lot of the web functionality of gmail...

Just poking my head up here but how is GMail hostile? It's defaults
aren't exactly friendly to lists like CentOS but I'm busy writing this
in Gmail, it's not top posted, quoted correctly, doesn't break
threading, is addressed to you and the list, and is plain text AFAIK.
All I've done is applied the list's etiquette rules and am careful not
to break them. So what are an extra mouse click or two here and there?

--
Drew

--Marie Curie