[CentOS] How can a company help, officially?

Radu Gheorghiu radu at pengooin.net
Tue Apr 12 11:31:44 UTC 2011

On 04/12/2011 02:01 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 04/12/2011 01:21 AM, Phil Schaffner wrote:
>> Karanbir Singh wrote on 04/11/2011 12:20 PM:
>>> No, re-read what I said. Ownership in the distro is quite a different
>>> ballgame from userend support.
>> Yes, but it seems to be rather closely held.
> The option I was talking about was how that can change - people can step
> up to take ownership of various components in the distro - was that not
> clear in my email ? I can try and put this into a more verbose text and
> explain how something like this might work.
I think you are avoiding the real issue here, again and again. It's not
about ownership. It's not about taking ownership.
It's about making the process open. A simple wiki page describing what
you are doing now, and a ftp URL with files to download would do.
Then, everybody can contribute. There can be 100 people trying to fix a
bug, rather than 1 person who takes "ownership" .. what's this ownership
nonsense?