[CentOS] How can a company help, officially?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Apr 12 11:43:02 UTC 2011

On 04/12/2011 12:46 AM, Phil Schaffner wrote:
> If you have a way to do those predictive tests, in serial or parallel,
> I'm sure that would be a valuable contribution.  The possible
> combinations quickly lead to a combinatorial explosion.

Quite a large part of the functional tests can be automated  - specially
if there are going to be 100's of people offering them up. Wihtout a
doubt we need more of those.

> I think the best a community project can do on testing such packages is
> by flagging them for attention in a more open process with more testers.

Testers are one part of the equation, what we need more of, imho, is
more people in a position to do things before packages hit the testers.
Hence, the request for people to step up with relevant experience and
exposure to specific parts of the distro.

- KB