[CentOS] problems in centos-5.6

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Wed Apr 13 09:15:40 UTC 2011

Farkas Levente wrote on Wed, 13 Apr 2011 00:36:15 +0200:

> these shouldn't have to be there (they are from older release):
they are not there, check the official repo, rsyncing without delete flag?

> these shouldn't have to be there (they are already in os):
what do you mean by that? Of course, they are to be there. They are part
of the OS, exactly. You have been using CentOS for a while and upgraded
several times in the past, have you forgotten in the meantime how
CentOS/RHEL upgrading works?

> in centos version of these packages the dist tag comes from earlier
> release. even if they are the same package they should have to rebuild
> with the same dist tag as in rhel (eg: .el5 <-> .el5_4):
these have not been updated, there is no reason to retag them

> and a lots of updates still missing:

you are looking for things that don't exist, e.g.
libvirt-0.8.2-15.el5_6.1 is 0.8.2-15.el5.3
And Java isn't part of CentOS anymore, AFAIK.

If you do not like the tagging/naming scheme. I'm pretty confident this is
taken from upstreamm, you have to complain there.

Kai