[CentOS] Monitoring power consumption

Peter Peltonen peter.peltonen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 14:36:26 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 5:26 PM,  <aly.khimji at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have never done it directly of a servers PSU, however I am sure it can be done via SNMP or on a lower level via a management interface(iLO, B/RSA, etc..).
>
> However I have done it from a good APC PDU that had SNMP monitoring for all kinds of  power aspects.

I am also looking for a way to measure other devices than computers
and I want to collect this information to the centos server. But I
guess it doesn't matter what kind of device I connect to the PDU, it
still can measure its power consumption and report it somehow?

Can you recommend any cheap model? I was aware of these PDU's
existing, but I haven't really considered them as they probably are
quite expensive as they do also many other things (monitor the load of
the server etc)...

Best,
Peter