[CentOS] Dag's RHEL Rebuild Project.

Wed Apr 13 22:59:46 UTC 2011

Brunner, Brian T. wrote on 04/13/2011 04:21 PM:
> And this thread is all about something that doesn't exist, and nobody is
> trying to make exist.  It's about the web-footed boogeyman in the closet
> that nobody living at the home ever alleged was there.

It may be that no such project exists today, but if a truly open and
cooperative EL rebuild effort existed, it might be good for CentOS.

SL does not hurt CentOS and there is some interchange and sharing of
knowledge. Their goals are somewhat different, and they have a growing
team of paid developers, but they address many of the same issues, and
Johnny has mentioned looking at their packages.

An independent volunteer EL rebuild effort could help attack some of the
rebuild issues without interfering with CentOS processes; but technical
interchange could be mutually beneficial, particularly if the projects
were not mutually hostile.  A bit of healthy competition might not be a
bad thing either.

Phil

P.S. Just saw Johnny's post about the OT nature of this thread pop up as
I prepared to hit Send, but given that I have mentioned CentOS in every
paragraph I will do so anyway. :-)