[CentOS] php53 and mcrypt

Rainer Traut tr.ml at gmx.de
Fri Apr 15 11:55:51 UTC 2011

Am 15.04.2011 13:32, schrieb Geoff Galitz:
> More PHP fun!
> I can see in the spec files that php-mcrypt support was removed by
> Redhat. I tried to find out why but I don't have sufficient access to
> redhat bugzilla. I am wondering if it is actually necessary as I have
> also run across a post or two that indicates applications that rely on
> mcrypt still work with the new php53.
> Perhaps mcrypt was superceded by another module or PHP core code?

Yeah, I had the same problem with missing php_mcrypt. ;)
I did a full rebuild of php53 with patched spec so that it produces
php53_mcrypt but that is not very elegant.
The more elegant way to do it is to make an rpm for only the missing
modules like EPEL's "php-extras".
So I'm interested in this, too.

Rainer