[CentOS] cross-platform email client

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Fri Apr 15 19:45:27 UTC 2011

On 04/15/2011 12:28 PM, John R Pierce wrote:

> I think T-bird gets locked up when its SENDING mail if the server takes
> too long to reply at the early stages of the protocol.  that or DNS
> lookups take too long.

At least in my case - no and no.

It freezes randomly but pretty often, no relation to sending emails.

The IMAP and SMTP servers are defined by IP address, not hostname. But
even if that was the case, a software that blocks the UI completely
while waiting for something in the background? Sounds like 1999 all over
again.

--
Florin Andrei
http://florin.myip.org/