[CentOS] unrar rpm package

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Fri Apr 15 21:54:23 UTC 2011

On 04/15/11 2:38 PM, Kaplan, Andrew H. wrote:

> Hi there --
>
> I am running a server with the 5.6 64-bit distribution, and I am
> looking for an unrar rpm package.
> I have several repositories set up on the server which are the following:
>
> base
> updates
> extras
> centosplus
> contrib
> c5-testing
>
> All are enabled. When I do a yum search for unrar, nothing comes up.
> Is there another repository
> that I should add to the list, or is there a particular website that I
> can go to get the package?

I see a rar and unrar in rpmforge.

# yum --enablerepo=rpmforge list rar unrar
Available Packages
rar.i386
3.8.0-1.el5.rf                                                  rpmforge
unrar.i386
4.0.7-1.el5.rf                                                  rpmforge

there's probably other ports in places like EPEL but I didn't look there.