[CentOS] 2 encrypted VG's on 1 disk - HOW?

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Sun Apr 17 10:33:32 UTC 2011

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 02:02:16AM -0700, johhny_at_poland77 wrote:
> I don't think it's a "distro related" issue, so i'm posting it here too:
>
> http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/11289/how-to-install-fedoraubuntu-with-encrypted-vgs-on-one-disk
>
> what am i missing?
>
> why doesn't GRUB offer the 2 distros at boot, why is it only offering only 1?? why doesn't it sees the other one??

CentOS grub?  Or Fedora's?  Fedora, in another Look how we can be like
Windows move, has a hidden, 0 timeout, grub. You have to comment or
remove the hidden menu line as well as change the default timeout from 0
to something else.

If you mean CentOS, and why doesn't it see another system is there, RH
systems' grub only recognize themselves and Windows.  Most other
distributions will see other Linux and other O/S installs.

I haven't looked at the link you posted, but I would recommend, when
posting to this, or any other mailing list, putting all necessary
information.  As it is, anyone reading your post, such as myself, who
doesn't feel like going to the link, really has no idea what you might
have done.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Cordelia: What's her saga?
Xander: She's freaking.
Cordelia: About what?
Xander: The mayor is gonna kill us all during graduation.
Cordelia: Oh. Are you gonna go to 5th period?