[CentOS] glibc-2.5-58.el5_6.2.i686 broken?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 16:44:00 UTC 2011

On 4/19/2011 7:12 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:

>> Good question, and I'd be very surprised if there is no answer.  Killing
>> evolution and Gnome panel should be a very visible issue and CentOS has
>> the dubious luxury of some time elapsing before updates are duplicated
>> to become aware of any bad effects.
>>

> This is true ... and Les, I'll appoint you as the guy who reads all the
> redhat bug reports and updates this list when there is an issue.

I don't think I see the right place to look for early warnings for
things with real user impact yet.  Is there a place where RHEL users
complain in public or ask if others have similar problems before
officially reporting bugs?  I don't think I can prioritize the 700,000
bugs listed in the tracker and the errata listing doesn't appear until
after the fix is released.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com