[CentOS] Migrating standalone systems to KVM

Jussi Hirvi listmember at greenspot.fi
Sun Apr 24 16:10:40 UTC 2011

> On Sun, 24 Apr 2011, Jussi Hirvi wrote:
>> >  Does anyone have the .iso image of virt-p2v? It is not available anymore
>> >  through that link. The source is available, but building it requires a
>> >  *lot*  of packages, some of which seem to be hard to find.

Good idea, but I begin to be short of time... I would be grateful to
have your copy, if you don't have any scruples about that - though the
Clonezilla method is probably viable too.

http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Migration_of_servers_to_Proxmox_VE#Physical_server_to_Proxmox_VE_.28KVM.29_using_Clonezilla_Live_CDs

RJ's website says he is (was?) in the process of rewriting virt-p2v.

> I have a copy in my archive, but how about contacting Richard
> Jones, and asking him for an update or replacement?

- Jussi

--
Jussi Hirvi * Green Spot
Suvilahdenkatu 1 B 78 * 00500 Helsinki * Finland