[CentOS] Attaching LinkSys WRT54GL to CentOS machine

Anthony akcentos at anroet.com
Mon Apr 25 06:50:08 UTC 2011

  On 25/04/11 09:34, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:

> His ADSL modem is already on 192.168.1.x subnet, so CentOS WAN NIC
> already uses it. And I do not expect resetting router to defaults every
> week. Maybe never.
>
> Ljubomir

Ah yes - forgot that titbit of information - :(.

In that case, what you need do is connect the Linksys to the same switch
as the one which hosts your eth1 and ADSL modem.  Go to the
configuration pages on the Linksys, change the IP and subnet, then when
you commit and reboot, disconnect the ethernet cable from that switch
and onto the switch your LAN is connected to.  Then on your browser,
reconnect to the new IP and continue to configure whatever else you need.

Remember to disable DHCP on the Linksys.  However, if you want to
identify users using the AP, then you can create an exclusion range in
your CentOS DHCP and dish out that excluded range from your Linksys DHCP.

Cheers,
Ak.