[CentOS] CentOS 5.6 x86_64 hosting unreachable Virtualbox 4.0.6 bridged guests

Philippe Lauget lists at lrnx.ath.cx
Tue Apr 26 15:24:33 UTC 2011

Le 26/04/2011 16:58, Devin Reade a écrit :
> --On Tuesday, April 26, 2011 10:28:40 AM +0200 Philippe <lists at lrnx.ath.cx>
> wrote:
>
>> The hosting box
>> get its address normally, but the 2 hosted systems fail to get theirs.
>> The dhcp server log tells : DHCPDISCOVER from 08:00:xx:xx:xx:xx via
>> em0: network xx.xx/16: no free leases.
>
> Based on that message, I would suspect that probably either:
>   - the DHCP server is not seeing distinct MAC addresses from your VMs
>     vs your host, or
>   - you have actually exhausted your DHCP address pool.
>
> I'd look at those two first, based on what you see in your dhcp server
> log.  You may have to get your dhcp server to tell you what leases
> are currently in use.

The DHCP server does not use address pool but provides static addressing.
Each MAC address (the one from the host, the others from the guests) are
seen distinctly from any other hosts in my lan.

This problem seems to be very similar to the one described in
http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/7101

Thanks for your help.
--
Philippe