[CentOS] Cacti rpm for el5.6 with php53

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Wed Apr 27 08:24:43 UTC 2011

On 04/27/2011 03:00 AM, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 01:09:36PM -0400, Denniston, Todd A CIV NAVSURFWARCENDIV Crane wrote:

I thought about this, but I think that any packages that provide files
to /etc/php.d/ would then be able to be installed on php53 as is, and
these would fail to work.

So, while this work around would work perfectly for packages that are
nothing more than "php applications/scripts (that is actual .php
files)", it would not work for things that are compiled against the php
libraries or that provide php or pecl modules, etc.

Therefore, I think the best solution is for the php applications to get
compiled against php53 (and for the php53 ones to be separate).