[CentOS] LDAPs causing System Message Bus to hang when there's no network

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Apr 28 14:56:46 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 03:52:44PM +0100, John Hodrien wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2011, Mattias Geniar wrote:
>
> > could be a work-around I can live with, but it doesn't appear there is.
>
> I'd hope you'd see these problems almost entirely go away in future with a
> switch to sssd rather than nss_ldap, as it makes the whole process a lot more
> stateful and aware of what's going on.

Fear not, Fedora has managed to have that break things for many people
too.

I see they just closed the bug with a won't fix, though the fix is known
and available.

> Having an rc.local that does an nsswitch.conf twiddle is probably a viciously
> robust way of dealing with this problem...

Unnecessary too.  :)  See my earlier email.

I might as well give a link to my ldap page, so if anyone else comes
across this, they can see the issue mentioned withfix.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~computertaijutsu/ldap.html

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: You sound like Mr. Initiative! 'Demons bad,
people good.'
Riley: Something wrong with that theorem?