[CentOS] libvirt security update CVE-2011-1146

Riccardo Veraldi Riccardo.Veraldi at cnaf.infn.it
Fri Apr 29 09:53:34 UTC 2011

Hello,
I ask here if CentOS has a xml oval repository. This is the reason of my
question:

Actually I have an automatic system to check CVE vulnerabilities report
against RedHat OVAL resources, for example:
https://www.redhat.com/security/data/oval/com.redhat.rhsa-2011.xml   for
2011 CVEs and RHSAs related OVALS

My problem is that while the mechanism works flawlessly regarding
Scientific Linux, with CentOS I have false positives reports
because the patch level numbers for some rpms is somewhat different from
the one written in the official RedHat OVALS.

I make an example to explain myself better:

Consider CVE-2011-0020 which corresponds to RHSA-2011:0180-1 security
advisory and it regards a pango vulnerability.

RedHat calls the updated rpm which addresses the vulnerability as
pango-1.14.9-8.el5_6.2

CentOS calls it as pango-1.14.9-8.el5.centos.2

so we have:

pango-1.14.9-8.el5_6.2  in the RedHat OVALS while CentOS has
pango-1.14.9-8.el5.centos.2 and I think they both addresses the
CVE-2011-0020 vulnerability
but since the naming is different I have a report that my pango RPM on
CentOS is vulnerable, while on SL with same rpm I have no false
positives and everything is ok.

So i ask if CentOS has it's own OVAL xml files because I cannot use i na
realiable way the RedHat OVALS with CentOS for my porpouses.

thank you very much

Rick