[CentOS] Setting up a GUI remote access

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 16:20:36 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 8:57 AM, Todd Cary <todd at aristesoftware.com> wrote:

> On 4/29/2011 8:21 AM, Les Mikesell wrote:
>
> First, why would you disable key authentication?  Or is it just failing
> because you don't have the right key?
>
> When I read the wiki (http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/FreeNX), it states
>
> Note: If you have disallowed ssh password authentication (which is advised
> but not mandatory), you need to follow the instructions here. Otherwise you
> can skip this section.
>
> I checked the ssh configuration file and ssh password authentication is
> enabled.  My Centos 5.5 is an Out of the Box installation, so this setting
> was not done by me - at least not directly.  So my thinking was/is that I
> could just skip the rest of that part of the setup.

Yes, password authentication is enabled by default. So, you can skip
Section 2 to do the setup. That would eliminate 'potential
misconfiguration' related to the steps in that Section.

Once you confirm your NX setup is working, you can then disable
password authentication if you wish (recommended) and go through the
required steps.

Akemi