[CentOS] I have RHel6. How does that turn into Centos 6?

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Fri Apr 29 19:42:23 UTC 2011

[This reply isn't directed at John; his message just makes a good place to reply....]

On Friday, April 29, 2011 02:50:27 PM John Hinton wrote:
> Am I required to remember everything I did from that long back? LOL
> There might be some stuff in the archives though... back in the early
> ver. 3 days.

For the archives (not directed to John, but to the thread in general), go look at the archives of Red Hat's taroon-list and taroon-beta-list lists.  Also educational is looking at nahant-list and nahant-beta-list, and rhelv5-beta-list and rhelv5-list, and finally rhelv6-beta-list and rhelv6-list, all available at the http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo Mailman interface.

And, of course, to get some real background into the whole Fedora/RHL split, read through shrike-list, at the same url

And then go to http://www.uibk.ac.at/zid/systeme/linux/rhel-rebuild-l.html and read a while in those archives.....