[CentOS] How to open several tabs in a gnome-terminal window and run a command in each tab?

Pete O'Connell

pedrooconnell at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 05:18:14 UTC 2011

"gnome-terminal --tab-with-profile=AAA --tab-with-profile=BBB"

Hi I am trying to open several tabs in a gnome-terminal window like above. I
want to run a command for each tab within the body of the above command. AAA and
BBB are both profiles I have created and also predefined environment variable on
my system (each representing a path to a folder). The code I was hoping would
work was something like:

"gnome-terminal --tab-with-profile=AAA -e='ls AAA' --tab-with-profile=BBB -e='ls
BBB'"

in order to list the folder contents within each tab, but no dice.

Anyone know how to do this in a single command?

Thanks
Pete