[CentOS] openssh rpm version greater than 4.3

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Wed Aug 3 21:26:07 UTC 2011

Vinay Nagrik wrote:
> Hello Team,

Well, we're not your team, but...

> We ship our own software own top of Centos 5.2 OS and install other
> applications and rpms on top of rpms available in 5.2 Centos.

Why 5.2? There's 5.6, and 6 out, though the latter is missing a number of
things (for example, I'm busy trying to get mplayer and motion to work).

> We are in the process of upgrading to a later  version of openssh (5.8
> version of openssh is already available), however the latest src.rpm
> version of openssh available on Centos site is still
>
> openssh-4.3p2-72.el5_6.3.src.rpm<http://oss.oracle.com/el5/SRPMS-updates/openssh-4.3p2-72.el5_6.3.src.rpm>

As it is in upstream. For 5.4 openssh and above, you need to compile it
yourself, as we have had to do, so as to work with PIV-II cards from the
US gov't. d/l the tarball from the project site and do the usual, then
consider rpmorize to build it into a distributable package from your own
repository.
<snip>
          mark