[CentOS] Interactive PXE install

Brian Miller centos at fullnote.com
Thu Aug 4 23:56:26 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-08-04 at 16:51 -0700, Kenneth Porter wrote:

> The guides for a LAN install I've found all want to do an automated
> kickstart install. Are there any guides that explain how to use eg.
> CentOS-6.0-i386-netinstall.iso for an interactive PXE installation?

I don't know of any howtos off the top of my head beyond kickstart
documentation, but if you plan to do this more than once (and you very
well may once you get a feel for how convenient pxe booted installs can
be) you should take a look at Cobbler:

https://fedorahosted.org/cobbler/

Piece of cake once this is stood up.

brian