[CentOS] additional fonts on centos 6 (Jerry Geis)

shellfisher

shellfisher at 126.com
Fri Aug 5 03:20:41 UTC 2011

On 8/4/2011 09:48:51 AM , Jerry Geis wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have additional TTF fonts I purchased and added to CentOS 5.6.
> I used the commands chkfontpath and ttmkfdir to do that .
> These dont seem to be in CentOS 6 . How do I add fonts to openoffice for CentOS 6?
> Thanks,
> Jerry

Usually, when I want to add fonts in centos(5.X or 6.0 ), I use this way:
(under root permission, or use "sudo" to execute the following commands)
cp /my/font /usr/share/fonts/myfont -Rf
cd /usr/share/fonts/myfont/
mkfontscale
mkfontdir
fc-cache

These works in gnome desktop for adding fonts in openoffice/libreoffice, hope this help you!

Cheers,
Simon.Sun.