[CentOS] How to install Vlc on CentOs 6

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Fri Aug 5 22:53:51 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 05, 2011 at 11:19:13PM +0200, François Colonna wrote:
> Le vendredi 05 août 2011 à 12:42 -0700, John R Pierce a écrit :
> > On 08/05/11 12:27 PM, François Colonna wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > How can I install Vlc on CentOs 6 ?
> > > Yum does not find it.
> >

> > try repoforge.
>
> Sorry, could you be more explicit ?
> I suppose it is a repository ?
> How can I set it up ?
> Thanks
> F. Colonna

ATRPMS has the rpms you need. browse to atrpms.net and follow the
instructions there for setting up the repository.

http://atrpms.net/documentation/install/

which sets up the repository.

I'm using vlc on my centos6 netbook, installed from atrpms. I don't
recall any particular hassles (once I fixed some stupidities of my own.)

                        The Lord is like a strong tower.