[CentOS] compiling buoh comic reader for C-6

Thomas Johansson thomasj at isy.liu.se
Sat Aug 6 11:40:59 UTC 2011

On 2011-08-06 04:01, fred smith wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm trying to build the buoh comic reader for centos 6 and my head is
> getting tired of repeated forceful contact with the wall.
>
> The configure script refuses to deal with libsoup-2.4. so I look at what
> pkgconfig thinks the installed libsoup is, hack the configure script
> to look for that version and voila!

I have now checked the website for buoh. The project is now mantained in the GNOME git repository
(http://git.gnome.org/browse/buoh/). It has been adopted for libsoup-2.4 but also for gtk+3. The problem for
C6 is that gtk+3 is not available. It is available in Fedora14 or higher.

Build a static binary on 5.6 and use that one or change comic reader.

/THomas