[CentOS] OT?

Dave Stevens

geek at uniserve.com
Tue Aug 9 04:33:40 UTC 2011

I have a CentOS server with postfix running. A pop user's account was
compromised and a lot of spam started being sent. My upstream ISP's
mail program started refusing to talk to me because of the very high
rate of mail, error 451. I disabled the compromised account. I then
changed the postfix settings to deliver mail directly and flushed the
mail queue. This resulted in spam being sent out.

There were about 20K mails in the queue. I don't know how I might have
handled this better, I would have preferred to not send the spam, but
the volume was large and the labour of sorting out spam from legit
email was prohibitive.

Advice? A better list for this issue perhaps?

Dave

--
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
   Krishnamurti