[CentOS] ffmpeg (resending, blocked by dnsbl.manitu.net)

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 21:56:21 UTC 2011

On 8/10/2011 4:37 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

>>> I've run into problems with libfaad being missing before. Here's the
> real question: how were the ffmpeg and ffmpeg-libs *built*, if a
> libfaad package isn't available in the repository?
>>>
>> I just use rpmforge's and never have issues. It's not always the latest
> version, but I've always been able to do everything with it that I need.
>>
> *sigh* My manager doesn't want us to use rpmforge (though he'll make an
> exception, at least for my testing, for kmod-nvidia, and even then, he
> wants it disabled *except* for updating that).

Is he aware of the rearrangement of the rpmforge repository?
See http://repoforge.org/faq/ (and note what is in an updated
rpmforge-release.rpm).  Regardless, I just keep the yum repo files set
to enabled=0 and explicitly use --enablerepo= on the yum command line
when I want to install or update something from there.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com