[CentOS] LDAP - Shadow options

Johan Vermeulen

jvermeulen at cawdekempen.be
Thu Aug 11 10:02:26 UTC 2011

  dear All,

I'm trying to set Shadow options in Ldap with the help of phpLDAPadmin.

This is *what I know :

* */Shadowmax : /maximum nr of days a pw can be valid
* /ShadowLastchange : /contains the last change of the shadow file
* Shadowwarning : nr of days before expiration to warn user.

*What I'm trying *to do is have the users 's passwork expire, that works ok.
But how can I have them get a warning message? setting Shadowwarning
doesn't seem to be doing it.

Do I have to set Shadowexpire as well for this?

*Also, *how can I have users change the password at first logon?
*
*I cannot configure the LDAP files themselves, I only have access via
phpLDAPadmin.

Thanks for any advise.

greetings, James

--