[CentOS] drop manitu.net

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Aug 11 18:53:02 UTC 2011

M.roth at 5-cent.us wrote on Thu, 11 Aug 2011 14:12:03 -0400:

> I'm not sure who you're answering or agreeing with, but my point is still
> that 90% of everybody blocked has no clue whatever about what to do about
> it, and esp. the people with infected systems. A standard channel *to* an
> ISP for this kind of technical issue - either the ISP notifying the
> spammer that their machine needs to be cleaned before they'll be allowed
> back online, or between ISP, would do something useful.

You confuse things. Either talk about RR (= ISP) or Bluehost (= Hosting
Provider). *You cannot mix both.* Users on ISP networks are blocked by most
mailservers for direct mail delivery, anyway. They have to use the
smarthost of their ISP. That smarthost is supposed to make sure that the
amount of spam originating from it is as small as possible. If they do that
they are very unlikely to get on any list. If they do that they also care
about getting on whitelists. If they don't do that you better look for
another provider or other means to send out your mail. Of course, if you
don't care either then you get what you paid for.

Kai