[CentOS] Wireless Problem - no longer able to connect

Mark Weaver

mweaver at compinfosystems.com
Sun Aug 14 15:14:52 UTC 2011

Hi all,

When I first loaded C6 on my Dell Inspiron laptop the wireless worked
flawlessly right out of the box. At the time the wireless access point
was a Linksys WAP54G using WPA-2 Personal. In the last two weeks that
Access point has been replaced with a Linksys WAP610N, also using WPA-2
Peronal. The problem I'm having is the wireless adapter sees the new WAP
just fine, but is unable to connect.

I was wondering if there were any control files hidden somewhere that
were holding old information from the former WAP that are hindering the
connection to the new WAP.

thanks,

--
Mark Weaver
Computer Information Systems & Services, Inc.
mweaver at compinfosystems.com
(717) 512-9718