[CentOS] cr repository when running your own mirror

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Aug 16 09:27:01 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 08/16/2011 08:45 AM, Christian Anthon wrote:
> what is the right way to deal with the new cr repository for centos 5
> when you are running your own mirror. In particular the following
> statement I don't fully understand:

The reason why we only have baseurl pointing to mirror.centos.org is
that we dont expect cr/ to be around for a long time. I think its a safe
assumption that 5.7 should be ready for release in a few days time from
here.

> - Once 5.7 is released, the 5.6/cr/ repositories will be removed ( they
> will not be available on vault.centos.org )

The CR only contains rpms from the next-release, so once that release is
online we want to drop the CR/ completely and have everyone move over (
via a yum update ) to using the new rpms in 5.7/; it also means that
there will be no continued updates to the 5.6/cr/ once 5.7 is around and
online.

Let me know if any of that isnt very clear and I will try to explain in
more details

- KB