[CentOS] Problem getting eth0 up

Alfred von Campe alfred at von-campe.com
Wed Aug 17 00:37:54 UTC 2011

On Aug 16, 2011, at 17:30, Lisandro Grullon wrote:

> Is you network card even loaded when you type "ifconfig -a" in the $hell? Give us more details as to what you are doing to get the DHCP address.

I'm away from the system now, so I can't post the output if ifconfig now, but basically I did a default installation from DVD and when the system booted the network was not available.  That is somewhat unexpected behavior in my opinion.  I expect the network to just work out of the box if a DHCP server is available on the network.  It always did in CentOS 4 and 5 in the past.

Alfred