[CentOS] OpenLDAP setup and bootstraping in CentOS 6

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Wed Aug 17 19:10:01 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 07:03:28PM +0000, Mitch Patenaude wrote:
> I'm having trouble getting openldap through its initial setup.
>
> I created a /etc/openldap/slap.conf file with a default rootdn and rootpw, and
> they didn't seem to take effect.  After much wailing and gnashing of teeth I
> found that if there is a config directory at /etc/openldap/slapd.d, it will
> ignore slapd.conf.  I can't figure out how to translate slapd.conf into the
> (new?) standard of slapd.d because all the examples I can find still use
> slapd.conf.
>
> Am I better off just deleting (or renaming) slapd.d?  Does anybody know the
> proper format for slapd.d entries?

I might as well spam my own page (where I suggest deleting it) for LDAP.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~computertaijutsu/ldap.html

I don't know of anyone who got it working with that slap.d, nor have I
seen any documentation on it--on the other hand, I didn't look very
hard.  I would almost guarantee it adds no new advantages.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: Could I be seeing Billy's asteroid body?
Giles: Astral body, and I don't know.