[CentOS] Fedora and CentOS no longer on speaking terms

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Sat Aug 20 11:45:17 UTC 2011

On Sat, 20 Aug 2011, Anne Wilson wrote:

> Every attempt to mount was simply hanging - so no help at all.  However, as
> you will have seen by now, the problem is solved.  I was right that I had
> missed some steps, and you were right that the mount points at the server end
> were not correctly set up.  The guide on
> http://www.crazysquirrel.com/computing/debian/servers/setting-up-nfs4.jspx has
> got everything working again.
>
> Thanks for trying to help.

I'd also suggest that you'd be better to not have these mounted directly from
fstab.  Make a simple automounter map for these and your life is all round
less troublesome.  You'll not suffer anywhere near as badly when an nfs mount
is unavailable, and it'll recover gracefully once it's available again.

jh