[CentOS] Fedora and CentOS no longer on speaking terms - SOLVED

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 17:31:09 UTC 2011

> I was certain I had missed some steps in setting up the exports, but simply
> could not remember them.  Nor could I find the guide that got me started
> before.  This morning I found it.  I cannot recommend this guide too highly -
> so you might like to bookmark it for a reference sheet - for next time someone
> asks you for help :-)
>
> http://www.crazysquirrel.com/computing/debian/servers/setting-up-nfs4.jspx
>
> Thanks, everyone, for trying to help.

Just one thing to note... RHEL6/CentOS6 no longer requires the bind
mounts or fsid=0 on the NFS host... the system now defaults to NFS4
being tried first and does some stuff in the background so that the
bindings and fsid=0 is not required... in principle (barring nfs4
specific options) the same exportfs line can be used for nfs3 or
nfs4.... this is a change from 5.X... I thought it was in the release
notes, technical notes or migration guide but I can't locate the
relevant entry now...