[CentOS] OT: Hardware upgrade help

Thomas Dukes tdukes at sc.rr.com
Wed Aug 24 00:57:02 UTC 2011

Strange, just installed virtualbox this past weekend. I prefer Intel
processor as well as Intell for the mainboard. Although I did have an AMD
DX-40 386 and it was solid. OK, I'm telling my age.

> 	8 GB RAM

Was wanting at least 4GB would settle for 2.

> 	motherboard
> 		with PCI Express and 1 or 2 older pci slots
> 		4 SATA (and 2 PATA (ISA) for any old drives*)
> 		USB 2 or even USB 3
> 		Ethernet controller
> 		sound chips
> 	DVD writer
> 	500 GB SATA HDD
> 	HDD caddy for easy removal of the HDD
>
> * Some ASRock motherboard have it
>
> The cheapest source is likely to be found on-line by Googling
> or looking at a major web buying site.

I tried that and I'm blown away. The machines I have now have been rock
solid and I bought them used. They are like me, old.