[CentOS] Apache warns Web server admins of DoS attack tool

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Fri Aug 26 05:56:19 UTC 2011

On 08/25/11 10:48 PM, Emmanuel Noobadmin wrote:
> I think you're misunderstanding John there? Rather than suggesting
> using a single large httpd.conf file,  he seems to be just pointing
> out that the default config already includes any *.conf files inside
> the conf.d directory so you could just add the additional/sub .conf
> files in there for consistency.

and modifying a config file thats part of the base RPM can easily cause
issues downstream.   if nothing else, an httpd update will leave a
.rpmnew file there for you to puzzle over and match against your
changes.     by putting all your site specific configurations in various
.conf files in the conf.d directory, your stuff is portable, and can be
rpm deployed on any el system without complications.

but AlwaysTalking seems to know better.