[CentOS] new memory not getting regonized

sylvan.dcunha at gmail.com

Fri Aug 26 10:10:23 UTC 2011

dear All,

I had a Centos 5.5 OS running for about 6 months used as a Xen VM server
prfectly running 3 Virtual machines

Its a Sun Blade server with 8 core Xeon Proceesor with 32 GB Ram

couple of days back I added another 32 gb ram .

The bios shows the added ram that is now it shows me 64 GB but the Centos
OS just recognizes 32gb only

the OS details are:

Centos release 5.5 final
Kernel 2.6.18-194.32.1.el5xen on an x86_64

now also running uname -a shows me

Linux hypervisor2 2.6.18-194.32.1.el5xen #1 SMP Wed Jan 5 18:44:24 EST 2011
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

shows that PAE support is not there

I do believe that installing kernel PAE with yum should solve the problem
but since the server is a online production server just wanted to verify if
I would run into some problems

apprecite your kinf help and suggestions

regards

sylvan