[CentOS] CentOS 6.0 and freenx

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 20:42:03 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 12:54 PM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 8:34 AM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 6:34 AM, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>>> I have updated that web site.  What is the path of the .ssh directory
>>> that is giving you a problem?  Does running restorecon on the directory
>>> solve it?
>>
>> Thanks for the post at:
>>
>> http://blog.toracat.org/2010/12/selinux-and-freenx/
>>
>> User nx's home directory is /var/lib/nxserver/home .
>
>> I will test your suggestion and report back with what I find.
>
> Yes, that indeed solved the selinux issue.  First, using a test VM, I
> made sure connection failed if selinux was enabled.  Then I ran:
>
> restorecon -R -v /var/lib/nxserver
>
> and now I am able to connect without a problem.
>
> Thanks for your help. I will update the blog accordingly.

I now have an updated version of freenx that runs the above restorecon
command upon installation. With this version, there is no need for the
selinux tweak. Please test if you can.

http://centos.toracat.org/misc/nx-freenx/6/

freenx-0.7.3-8.el6.ay is the latest. nx remains the same ( nx-3.4.0-7.el6.ay ).

Akemi