[CentOS] Apache warns Web server admins of DoS attack tool

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Fri Aug 26 21:16:39 UTC 2011

Always Learning wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-08-26 at 15:25 -0400, John Hinton wrote:
>> On 8/26/2011 3:02 PM, Always Learning wrote:
<snip>
> I only wish I have come to Linux years ago. It is so refreshingly nice.
> Everything a real operating system should be and reminiscent of the once
> great Mainframes.

You don't think they're still great? Check IBM, who's sales of m'frames
keep up, and grow. Y'know, 'bout 10 years ago, using their VM (that
they've had since the seventies...), one of their engineers found that he
could comfortably run 32000 instances of Linux on one big iron, and only
maxed it out at over 48000 VMs....

And, of course, IBM really, *really wants folks to use Linux. I mean, if
*you* were Big Blue, would you want to support, uh,
sys38/4000/RISC6000/AIX/"DOS/VSE/SP/<whatever letters in the last 15
years)>/MVS/zOS... or just Linux? (You've grown your business, and need a
bigger machine? Great! Here's the next large box, just throw it on, maybe
just recompile, and no porting needed!)

        mark