[CentOS] External vfat devices show uppercase filenames, how to change defaults for GNOME desktop?

wwp

subscript at free.fr
Mon Aug 29 13:45:32 UTC 2011

Hello there!

I've recently switched from Fedora 11 to CentOS6. Now my SD cards
(automatically mounted on plug) contents is displayed as UPPERCASE
filenames.

I well see in mount's man that vfat's shortname option can be set to
either lower, win95, winnt, mixed. OK, that's for entries in /etc/fstab
or when mounting manually.

I'd like to change the defaults for devices that automatically mount in
GNOME.. is this possible?

In gconf-editor, I don't see a storage/ subdir in system/..

Any hint?

Regards,

--
wwp