[CentOS] (c 5.6) Running 2 versions of Apache ?

Always Learning centos at u61.u22.net
Mon Aug 29 16:23:24 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-08-29 at 09:13 -0700, Ray Van Dolson wrote:

> First, this sounds like a messy way to do it... spinning up another
> OS instance with the appropriate version of Apache you are after sounds
> cleaner...

I have a spare server but I want to use an under-utilised one.

> As long as you keep your various Apache installs from stepping on each
> other (where the binaries, logs, configs live, etc), you just need to
> make sure they're binding to mutually exclusive IP/port pairs.  The
> "Listen" directive is likely what you're after here.

That's what I am currently browsing Google for.

Can the 'Listen 1.2.3.4:80' statement be inside a Virtual Host section ?

Does the 'NameVirtualHost' statement affect every Virtual Host until the
next encounter of it, IP that is ?

If I don't get an answer I'll probably experiment.

Paul.