[CentOS] Postfix not set top start after upgrade

John Doe jdmls at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 30 13:01:54 UTC 2011

From: Micha Silver <micha at arava.co.il>
> On 30/08/2011 13:33, John Doe wrote:
>From: Micha Silver <micha at arava.co.il>
>>I noticed that after the lastest yum update on CentOS 5.6 we get Postfix
2.3.3, but the status of the postfix service (chkconfig --list postfix)
changes to off. So after a reboot, it doesn't start automatically.
I don't recall this ever happening before. Is this by design? A
packaging error?
>>I did not see any chkconfig off in the rpm script...
  $ rpm -q --scripts postfix | grep chkconfig
  /sbin/chkconfig --add postfix
      /sbin/chkconfig --del postfix
>What about that last line? It would remove postfix from chkconfig
    management, and remove all links in rc*.d, no??

I would expect the last line to be called when you uninstall, not when you update...

Maybe it could be the "alternatives ...--initscript postfix"?

JD