[CentOS] Centos VPS Kernel 2.6.35.4 & 'string-less' IP tables

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.net.au
Wed Aug 31 03:30:53 UTC 2011

  On 08/31/2011 01:17 PM, Always Learning wrote:
> NO I will not. I have already emailed them.

wow....just...wow.

> The necessary IP Tables facilities are not available. Therefore,
> contrary to your strange assertion "Has nothing to do with being
> up-to-date" that IP Tables version is certain OUT-OF-DATE because the
> modern parts have not been included !!!

They have not been included, probably because you are running an openVZ
'stab' kernel. Failing to give us the complete output in your initial
post means that anyone helping you is taking blind guesses. As an
example, here is the output of uname -a on my C6.0 system;

Linux omg.wtf.bbq.lol.au 2.6.32-71.29.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Jun 27
19:49:27 BST 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

As you can see, it has a little bit more information that the output of
the uname -a command you included in your original

If I google "iptables on openvz", I get the following link from their
wiki - http://wiki.openvz.org/Setting_up_an_iptables_firewall, have you
tried that path?

But, without the full information to start with, it's all conjecture.

Steve