[CentOS] Centos VPS Kernel 2.6.35.4 & 'string-less' IP tables

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Wed Aug 31 03:41:18 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 04:30:37AM +0100, Always Learning wrote:

> Thank you for informing me the 'choice' is mine. Without such undoubted
> inspirational wisdom I would never have known I had a choice. I am most
> grateful to you.

The choice is indeed yours.  You can 1) listen to those that know what
they are talking about and probably have 50 years of combined experience;
or 2) remain in the dark and clueless.

> How many occasions must I state I have emailed the service company
> before you refrain from telling me to contact the "hoster" ?

How many times must you argue when you ask for assistance [1] and have it
provided for you, free of charge.

If you want help at least be willing to consider the answers you are
given and not discount them out of hand because they don't fit the way
you wish things were.

[1] "Appreciate suggestions on how to get kernel 2.6.35.4 to install the
     whole IP tables package, especially the STRING and RECENT options
     (in -m)."

     							John
--
Creativity is allowing oneself to make mistakes.  Art is knowing which ones
to keep.

-- Scott Adams (1957-), American cartoonist and satirist,
   The Dilbert Principle (1996)