[CentOS] 6.1 .iso size?

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Sun Dec 4 20:56:36 UTC 2011

On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 17:13:56 -0500, RILINDO FOSTER wrote:

> Here is one for the net install:

> http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/centos/6.0/isos/x86_64/CentOS-6.0-
x86_64-netinstall.iso

> And for the live media:

> http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/centos/6.0/isos/x86_64/CentOS-6.0-
x86_64-LiveCD.iso

	Oho! So *that's* how they file it. And I thought I knew my way
around the Georgia Tech server -- many thanks!

	I got it installed and updated on the PC, using the live DVD for
32-bit. I removed a lot of things with PackageKit that I never use, took
it through a yum update, and started adding ones it lacked. But that's
another post.

	Then I tried to install on a T42 Thinkpad, in vain, even though
it reacts normally to Fedora DVDs. So I burned a live CD -- and it
wouldn't take that either. Now I'm running DBAN on it, which will at
least prevent the current OS (Linux Mint, fwiw) from dominating. Stay
tuned.

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User