[CentOS] Sources for extras??

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Mon Dec 5 16:20:57 UTC 2011

On Sun, 04 Dec 2011 16:00:07 -0600, John R. Dennison wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 04, 2011 at 09:49:12PM +0000, Beartooth wrote:
>>    No package dillo available.
>>    No package epiphany available.
>>    No package galeon available.
>>    No package midori available.
>>    No package privoxy available.
>>    No package seamonkey available.
>>    Error: Nothing to do
>
> None of these is packaged by any reputable 3rd party repo that I can
> see; privoxy used to be in base but upstream dropped it in EL6.
>
> It may be possible to rebuild the fedora versions but I greatly suspect
> that there will be a significant issue with the necessary dependencies
> for most of those apps.

	How odd! Dillo in particular is both faster and safer than any
other browser I know of. So I make it my default -- and think twice about
any site it refuses to deal with.

	How about Arora, Kazehakase,and Rekonq? Yum doesn't get them,
either.

	And what do CentOS people do for a newsreader? I can't get by
without Gmane .... How about a proxy??

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User