[CentOS] 6.1 .iso size?

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Mon Dec 5 22:55:19 UTC 2011

On Monday, December 05, 2011 03:52:11 PM Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 2:34 PM, Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu> wrote:
> > You know, I don't exactly agree with that.  The D600 (and D610) are still relatively useful laptops that, with the right desktop environment, can perform quite well, especially with the 2.0GHz Pentium M and 2GB of RAM
> Ummm, no.  I had a D610 and now have an already-aging D630 with a Core
> 2 Duo.  There's a big difference, and of course the D630 can run
> VMware with 64-bit guests.

I have benchmarked a Dell Inspiron 640m with a 2.0GHz Core2Duo with 2GB of RAM against a Dell Latitude D610 with a 2.0GHz Pentium M with 2GB of RAM, using the same performing hard drive (as the D610 uses PATA, and the 640m uses SATA, I had to settle for 'same performance' and not 'identical drives') with the exact same OS (I literally cloned the 100GB drive in the D610 to a 100GB in the 640m and ran the same image) and found minimal performance differences in terms of responsiveness in normal use, doing one thing at a time.  It's only when doing multiple things, or doing multithreaded things, that the Core2Duo pulls away.

YMMV.